Pad Thai with Chicken and Shrimp
- 7 oz rice noodles, uncooked
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup soy sauce, low sodium
- 1/4 cup fish sauce
- 2 Tbs brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 2 tsp sesame oil, divided
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 3 cloves garlic
- 6 oz boneless skinless chicken breast, sliced into thin strips
- 6 oz medium fresh shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 2 cups fresh bean sprouts
- 1/2 cup cilantro leaves, whole, chopped
- 2 Tbs chopped peanuts
- Prepare rice noodles according to the package. Drain and rinse under cold water; set aside in a bowl.
- Combine water, soy sauce, fish sauce, brown sugar and red pepper flakes in a small bowl; set aside.
- Heat one tsp oil in a mustard, and pan or wok over medium heat. Add beaten egg and stir fry. Remove scrambled egg from pan and add to noodles.
- Add one tsp (5mL) oil to heated pan, stir in garlic, chicken and shrimp. Stir fry just until chicken turns opaque and loses its pink color.
- Add green onions and cook an additional minute.
- Add noodle-egg mixture and sauce, cook until thoroughly heated.
- Remove from heat; toss with bean sprouts and cilantro.
- Sprinkle with peanuts. Serve immediately.
Copyright © 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.