Orzo Mediterranean Style
- 2 cups orzo pasta, uncooked (rice-shaped pasta)
- 1 cup yellow bell pepper, chopped, (1 pepper)
- 2 tomatoes, fresh, chopped
- 1/2 cup red onion, chopped
- 3 oz feta cheese*, crumbled (3/4 cup)
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/4 cup black olives, chopped
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 Tbs olive oil
- 1/2 tsp black pepper, freshly ground
- In a large pot, heat water to a boil. Cook pasta in rapidly boiling water until done. Drain and set aside.
- Combine orzo and remaining ingredients in a large bowl. Toss well and serve at room temperature or chilled.
* Allergy notes: The egg protein lysozyme is an unlabeled additive in some cheeses. People allergic to eggs should eliminate any cheese in this recipe.
Copyright © 2013 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2014.