Organic Shrimp Louis
- 1 lb medium shrimp (24 to 28 count per pound), peeled
- 1 tsp Old Bay Seasoning
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tsp organic ketchup
- 1/4 cup Santa Cruz Organic® 100% Lemon Juice
- 1/2 tsp dried tarragon
- 1 tsp fresh garlic, minced
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 cup celery, chopped (especially include the celery leaves)
- 1/2 cup radish, thinly sliced (optional)
- 3 Tbs red onion, minced or green onion, chopped
- 2 Tbs flat-leaf parsley, minced
- 2 ripe avocadoes
- 3 Heirloom or seasonal tomatoes, sliced 1/3-inch thick
- Boil water in stock pot, and add shrimp and seasoning; cook for two to three minutes until shrimp are just turning coral pink; drain shrimp in colander and cool down with running cold water. Discard bay leaf.
- In a mixing bowl combine mayonnaise, ketchup, Santa Cruz Organic Lemon Juice, tarragon and garlic. Salt and pepper this salad dressing to taste.
- Gently toss shrimp, celery, radish, onion, and parsley.
- Serve in cavity of avocado half or as a scoop atop sliced in-season tomatoes; garnish with parsley sprig. This also works well as a salad tucked into a pita pocket with radish sprouts and cherry tomatoes.
Nutrition note: Nutrition includes optional tomato and avocado ingredients
Copyright © 2013 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2014.