- 1 to 2 Tbs canola or peanut oil
- 1 lb large (16-20 count) shrimp, (shelled and deveined)
- 1/2 lb snow peas, trimmed
- 1 cup orange juice
- 2 Tbs honey
- 2 tsp cornstarch
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 Tbs toasted sesame seeds optional
- Heat the oil in a large nonstick skillet over high heat. Add the shrimp and snow peas and cook, stirring frequently, for just 1 to 2 minutes. Whisk together the orange juice, honey, cornstarch, cumin, and salt and add to the skillet. Bring to a simmer, stirring constantly, and continue to simmer and stir gently until the sauce thickens and the shrimp cook through, about 2 minutes. Sprinkle with sesame seeds if desired. Serve immediately.
Copyright © 2013 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2014.