Orange-Grilled Pork Sandwiches with Apricot Sauce
- 1 lb boneless single-loin pork roast
- 1/2 cup apricot preserves
- 6 Tbs Madeira wine
- 2 tsp Dijon-style mustard
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1 1/2 tsp orange zest, grated
- 1/2 tsp fresh ginger, grated
- 4 slices French bread, or Italian bread, 1-inch thick, toasted
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 4 Tbs fresh cilantro, chopped
- In small bowl, stir together preserves, 2 tablespoons Madeira, mustard, garlic and pepper; cover and refrigerate until needed. Place pork in self-sealing bag; add orange juice, remaining 1/4 cup Madeira, orange zest and ginger; seal bag and toss to coat pork. Refrigerate 8-24 hours.
- Prepare banked medium-hot fire in kettle-style grill. Remove pork from marinade, discarding marinade. Grill pork over indirect heat for 30-40 minutes, until internal temperature on a thermometer reads 150° F. Remove roast from heat; let rest until temperature reaches 160° F, about 10 minutes. Thinly slice pork and place on toasted bread; top with apricot sauce; sprinkle with onion and cilantro.
Serving Suggestion: Wine suggestion: Serve a chilled Chenin Blanc or Viognier.
Cooking Tip: Do not overcrowd pork cuts when sautéing. Leaving space between them will allow them to brown and cook more evenly.
Copyright © 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.