Orange Chicken and Vegetable Rice Bowl
- 1 Tablespoon vegetable oil
- ½ lb skinless, boneless, chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 1 cup broccoli florets
- 1 carrot, thinly sliced
- ½ medium onion, sliced
- ½ each yellow and red bell peppers, sliced
- 1 ½ teaspoons grated fresh ginger
- 7 oz low-sodium chicken broth
- ¼ cup orange juice
- 1 ½ teaspoons grated orange zest
- 1 ½ Tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 Tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 1/2 cups hot cooked brown rice
- In a large skillet or wok, heat 1/2 tablespoon of oil; add in chicken and stir fry until lightly browned; remove and set aside. In same skillet, heat remaining oil; stir fry vegetables and ginger 4-5 minutes, or until vegetables are tender crisp.
- Combine chicken broth, orange juice and zest, soy sauce and cornstarch in bowl and stir until smooth. Add to skillet, stirring constantly. Boil 1 to 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in chicken and cook until heated through.
- Spoon over or toss with warm rice.
Copyright © 2013 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2014.