Onion-and-Cherry-Glazed Pork Chops
- 4 pork chops, 3/4-inch thick
- 1/2 tsp garlic-pepper blend seasoning
- 3 tsp olive oil, divided
- 2 small onions, sliced and separated into rings
- 1 Tbs brown sugar, packed
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/4 cup dried cherries, sweetened
- 3 Tbs balsamic vinegar
- Season chops with garlic-pepper. Heat 1 teaspoon oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Sauté chops for 8 to 10 minutes or until nicely browned, turning once. Remove from skillet; keep warm. Cook onions in remaining oil in same skillet, covered, over medium-low heat for 12 to 14 minutes or until onions are very tender, stirring occasionally. Stir in brown sugar. Cook over medium heat, uncovered, for 3 to 4 minutes or until onions are lightly browned.
- Meanwhile, stir together cornstarch, water, cherries and vinegar; add to skillet. Cook and stir until bubbly and slightly thickened. Add pork chops to skillet; heat through, until internal temperature on a thermometer reads 160° F.
Serving Suggestion: Serve with mashed sweet potatoes and a peppered coleslaw.
Copyright © 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.