Olive Pipérade Steak Tartine
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 2 cups red or yellow bell peppers or combination, sliced into 2-inch strips
- 1 cup sliced red onions
- 1 cup wedged olives
- 1 Tbs red wine vinegar
- salt and cayenne pepper to taste
- 1 (8 oz.) french bread baguette
- 4 oz Brie cheese
- 1 oz arugula, washed and stems removed
- 8 oz thinly sliced cooked flank steak (substitute roast beef if necessary)
- Heat olive oil in a medium sized sauté pan over medium-low heat. Add peppers and onions and cook, stirring occasionally, for 15-20 minutes until tender. Mix in olives and vinegar and season to taste with salt and cayenne pepper. Set aside.
- Slice baguette in half and toast in a 400 degree oven for 5 minutes until golden. Cut each half into 4 equal sized pieces and set aside. Assemble tartines by spreading 1/2 ounce of brie onto each baguette. Top with a few leaves of arugula and 1 ounce of flank steak. Garnish the tops with approximately 1 ounce of pipérade. Serve two slices per person.
Copyright © 2013 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2014.