Old Fashioned Macaroni Salad with Tuna
- 2 cups macaroni, uncooked
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 1 cup red bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup red onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup cucumber, cubed (optional)
- 6 1/2 oz tuna in water, canned, drained (optional)
- 1/2 cup light sour cream
- 1/4 cup light mayonnaise
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tsp lemon juice, fresh
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- Cook macaroni in a large pot of rapidly boiling water until done. Rinse with cold water and drain.
- In a large bowl, gently mix macaroni, celery, red pepper, red onion, cucumber and tuna (if used) together.
- In a medium bowl, mix sour cream, mayonnaise, garlic, lemon juice, salt and pepper.
- Add mayonnaise mixture to macaroni mixture and toss together.
- Refrigerate until serving time.
Copyright © 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.