No-Bake Coconut Macaroons
- 3 cups dried coconut
- 2 Tbs raw cashew or almond butter
- 2 Tbs coconut butter
- 4 Tbs agave nectar
- 2-3 Tbs raw honey
- 2 Tbs maple syrup
- 2 Tbs brown rice syrup
- 1 tsp nonalcoholic vanilla extract (optional)
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon (optional)
- pinch of Celtic sea salt or Himalayan salt
- In a food processor, grind 1 cup of the coconut into a powder. Add the cashew or almond butter, coconut butter, agave, honey, maple syrup, brown rice syrup, vanilla (if using), cinnamon (if using), and salt and blend until well mixed.
- Fold in the remaining coconut by hand. Roll 2 tablespoons of the dough into a ball and flatten one side with the palm of your hand. Continue until you've used all of the dough.
- Dehydrate at 112°F for 12 to 24 hours, or until as dry as desired, or bake in the oven set at the lowest temperature possible for 2 hours or more, until a crust forms.
- The macaroons can also be frozen by rolling and flattening them on a baking sheet, then placing them in the freezer until firm.
- Once firm, transfer to a sealable container and store in the freezer for up to 2 months.
Copyright © 2013 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2014.