Mushroom Taco Mac
- 4 1/2 cups water
- 1 1/2 cups dried whole grain elbow pasta, enriched (substitute penne or other types of pasta if preferred)
- 1 Tbs olive oil
- 8 oz white button mushrooms, sliced or quartered
- 4 tsp taco seasoning mix, low sodium (if available)
- 1/2 cup prepared salsa
- 1 cup reduced fat Cheddar cheese, shredded
- Add water to pot and bring to a boil. Add pasta, cook uncovered for 10-13 minutes, or until pasta has reached desired firmness.
- While pasta is cooking, heat a sauté pan on medium, add oil and swirl to coat the bottom of pan. Add mushrooms and 2 teaspoons taco seasoning mix, sauté 5 minutes.
- When pasta is done, drain water and return to pot. Heat on low while stirring in salsa, mushrooms and remaining 2 teaspoons taco seasoning mix for 2 minutes or less.
- Divide into four portions, top each with 1/4 cup of shredded cheese.
Copyright © 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.