Mushroom Breakfast Bruschetta
- 8 (5-inch long 1/2-inch) diagonally cut Italian bread slices
- 1 package (8 ounces) ready-to-brown sausage links, thawed
- 1 lb white button mushrooms, sliced (about 5 cups)
- 1 cup quartered cherry tomatoes
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions (scallions)
- 4 slices provolone cheese (from a 6-ounce package), cut in 1/2-inch wide strips
- Preheat broiler.
- On a broiler rack place bread slices; broil 3 to 4 inches from heat until brown, about 1 minute per side; place on a shallow pan; set aside.
- Cut sausage in 1/2-inch thick slices. In a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat cook sausages until golden, stirring occasionally, 3 to 4 minutes. Add mushrooms; cook, stirring occasionally, until mushrooms are tender and most of the liquid evaporates, about 5 minutes. Stir in cherry tomatoes and green onions; cook and stir until hot, about 1 minute.
- Divide mixture evenly over toasted bread; top with cheese, trimming strips to fit. Broil 3 to 4 inches from heat until cheese melts, about 1 minute. Serve with scrambled eggs, if desired.
Copyright © 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.