Mushroom Bacon Pizza
- 12 oz bacon
- 1 1/2 lbs white button mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup onions, chopped
- 1 1/2 Tbs garlic, minced
- 2 tsp oregano leaves, crushed
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 large (10 ounces) Italian bread shell
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup plum tomatoes, sliced
- In a large skillet over medium heat cook bacon until crisp, about 5 minutes. Transfer to a paper towel; crumble; set aside.
- Pour off all but 4 tablespoons bacon fat. Add mushroom, onions and garlic; cook, stirring occasionally, until most of the liquid evaporates, 7 to 8 minutes. Stir in crumbled bacon, oregano, salt and black pepper. (Yields 3 1/2 cups).
- Preheat oven to 450° F. Place bread shell on a pizza pan or baking tray. Sprinkle cheese over shell. Spoon 1 3/4 cups drained mushroom bacon mixture over cheese. Top with tomatoes. Bake until hot and cheese is melted, about 10 minutes.
Copyright © 2013 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2014.