Moroccan-Seasoned Chops with Fruited Couscous
- 4 boneless pork chops, 3/4-inch thick
- 3/4 tsp ground cumin
- 3/4 ground coriander
- 1/8 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp cayenne, (ground red pepper)
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 10 oz box couscous
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup dried apricots, chopped
- 2 Tbs pine nuts
- cooking oil spray
- In small bowl combine cumin, coriander, cinnamon and cayenne; rub mixture onto both sides of pork chops. Heat oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat; cook chops, turning once, about 6 to 8 minutes until internal temperature on a thermometer reads 160° F.
- Meanwhile, prepare couscous according to label directions, adding raisins, apricots and pine nuts to cooking water. Serve chops on top of couscous.
Serving Suggestion: Serve with sautéed broccoli for a complete meal.
Copyright © 2013 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2014.