Miso Soup for All Seasons
- 4 cups filtered water
- 1/4 lb soft tofu, cut into 1/2" cubes (optional)
- 2 tsp dried wakame seaweed (optional)
- 4 Tbs red or yellow miso
- 2 green onions, cleaned and sliced finely to the top
- Place the water in a medium stockpot and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to medium. Add the tofu and wakame, if desired, and simmer for 2 to 3 minutes, uncovered.
- Pour 1/4 cup of the hot water into a small bowl. Add the miso and stir to dissolve, preferably with a wooden spoon.
- Return the miso mixture to the stockpot and add the green onions. Reduce the heat to low and allow to simmer for 1 more minute. Adjust to taste with a touch more miso or a bit more water, as desired. Serve immediately.
Copyright © 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.