Mini Steak Tacos with Spicy Pico De Gallo
- 1-1/2 pounds beef shoulder top blade (flat iron) steaks
- 12 flour tortillas (5-inch diameter)
- Spicy Pico de Gallo (recipe follows)
- 1 package (8 ounces) shredded Mexican cheese blend
- Marinade:1/2 cup prepared Italian dressing
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- Spicy Pico De Gallo1 1/2 cup chopped tomato
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 Tbs minced jalapeno pepper
- 1/4 cup prepared hot picante sauce or salsa
- 1 Tbs fresh lime juice
- Cut beef steaks lengthwise in half, then crosswise into 1/4 inch strips; set aside. Combine marinade ingredients in medium bowl. Place beef and marinade in food-safe plastic bag. Close bag securely and marinate in refrigerator 30 minutes. Remove beef from marinade; discard marinade. Heat pan over medium heat until hot. Add 1/2 of beef; stir-fry 1 to 2 minutes or until outside surface of beef is no longer pink. (Do not overcook.) Repeat with remaining beef.
- Evenly divide beef strips over tortillas. Top with 1 tablespoon Spicy Pico de Gallo (recipe below) and 1 tablespoon cheese.
- Spicy Pico De GalloCombine tomatoes, onion, cilantro and jalapeno pepper in large bowl. Sir in picante sauce and lime juice. Cover; refrigerate 1 hour to let flavors blend.
This recipe is an excellent source of protein, vitamin B12 and zinc, and a good source of niacin, vitamin B6 and iron.
Copyright © 2013 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2014.