Mini Breakfast Pita Pizzas
- 8 oz turkey breakfast sausages, casings removed
- 6 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup pizza sauce
- 4 whole wheat pita breads (6-inch)
- 1 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese (4 oz.)
- Heat oven to 450°F. Coat large nonstick skillet with cooking spray. Cook sausage over medium heat, breaking into crumbles, until browned and cooked through. Pour off drippings; return to heat.
- Pour eggs over sausage in skillet. As eggs begin to set, gently pull the eggs across the pan with an inverted turner, forming large soft curds. Continue cooking - pulling, lifting and folding eggs - until thickened and no visible liquid egg remains. Do not stir constantly. Remove from heat.
- Spread 2 Tbs pizza sauce on each pita bread; place on baking sheet(s). Top with eggs and cheese, dividing evenly. Bake in 450°F oven until cheese is melted, about 5 minutes.
Copyright © 2013 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2014.