Middle Eastern Chicken Kebabs
- 1 1/4 cups plain low fat yogurt
- 1/2 cup chopped parsley
- 2 Tbs prepared hummus
- 1 Tbs minced garlic
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 1/2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken breast, cubed into 24 (1 1/2-inch) pieces
- 1 medium red onion, cut into 24 (1-inch) chunks
- 24 olives, whole, pitted
- Whisk together 1/2 cup yogurt, 1/4 cup parsley and hummus in a small mixing bowl. Cover, refrigerate and set aside. In a large mixing bowl, combine remaining yogurt and parsley with the garlic, turmeric and cumin. Toss chicken into mixture until evenly coated. Cover and marinate for at least 30 minutes.
- Assemble kebabs by threading 8 (12-inch) skewers with three olives, three red onion chunks and three pieces of chicken in an alternating pattern. Season assembled skewers with salt and grill over medium-high heat for 6-8 minutes until cooked through, turning to brown evenly on each side. Transfer cooked skewers to serving plates accompanied with approximately 1/4 cup of yogurt hummus dipping sauce.
Copyright © 2013 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2014.