Michoacan Vegetable Burritos
- 2 Tbs canola oil
- 3 medium Roma tomatoes, seeded and sliced lengthwise into strips
- 4 cups diced green and yellow zucchini (1-inch)
- 2 cups sliced red onions
- 1 1/2 Tbs minced serrano peppers
- 1 cup olives, halved
- 1 cup cooked pinto beans
- 1/4 cup chopped epazote
- 1/4 cup (2 oz.) crumbled queso fresco (or substitute feta)
- 4 large (9-inch) flour tortillas, heated
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a large sauté pan over medium-high heat. Add tomatoes and cook for 2-3 minutes until lightly charred. Remove from pan with a slotted spoon and set aside on a clean plate.
- Heat remaining oil in pan over medium-high heat. Add zucchini, onions and peppers, season with salt to taste and cook for 4-5 minutes until lightly browned and tender. Stir in tomatoes, olives, beans and epazote and cook until heated through. Remove from heat and toss in queso fresco. Place tortillas on a flat surface and fill each with approximately 2 cups of vegetable mixture. Fold in edges and wrap tortilla around filling to completely enclose.
Substitution Tip: Substitute fresh oregano for epazote if necessary
Copyright © 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.