Mexican Shrimp Pilaf
- 1 (6.8-ounce) package Spanish rice and vermicelli mix
- 2 tablespoons margarine, melted
- 2 cups water
- 1 (14 1/2 -ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 3/4 pound large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 cup zucchini, chopped
- 1/2 cup frozen whole kernel corn, thawed
- 2 tablespoons ripe olives, sliced
- 2 tablespoons tortilla chips, crushed
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- 2 tablespoons green onion, chopped
- 1 jar picante sauce
- Sauté rice in margarine in a large skillet until golden, stirring frequently.
- Slowly add water, seasoning packet from rice, and tomatoes; bring to a boil. Cover; reduce heat to low and simmer 10 minutes.
- Stir in shrimp, zucchini, corn and olives; cover and simmer 5 to 10 minutes or until shrimp are pink and rice is tender.
- Transfer to serving bowl. Sprinkle with chips, cheese and onion. Serve with picante sauce.
Copyright © 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.