Mexican Coconut Shrimp Maki Roll with Mango, Cucumber, and Spicy Coconut Vinaigrette
- 8 large white shrimp
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1 egg
- 1 cup dried shredded coconut, unsweetened
- 1 mango cut in small strips
- 1 cucumber skin off, cut in small strips
- 1 cup sushi rice
- 4 nori sheets
- Coconut Spicy Sauce1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 Tbs chili paste
- 2 oz coconut milk
- 1/2 Tbs soy sauce
- To fry shrimp preheat oil in a deep pan. Peel and devein the shrimp. Place flour, egg and coconut in three small separate bowls. Dip the shrimp first in egg, then in flour and back in egg. Roll in coconut to coat completely. Drop coated shrimp in hot oil, taking care not to overcrowd pan. Fry until the shrimp is opaque and the coconut is lightly browned and crispy.
- For the sauce, simply blend all the ingredients together until you obtain a uniform emulsified sauce.
- For the rolls, take the nori sheets and spread the sushi rice evenly, then add the shrimp previously fried, then the mango and the cucumber, carefully roll them tight and cut in 6 pieces.
- Serve with the spicy coconut sauce.
Copyright © 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.