- 2 Tbs butter, room temperature
- 4 round slices whole grain country bread
- 4 large eggs
- 1/4 cup shredded pepper Jack cheese (1 oz.)
- 1/4 cup fire-roasted salsa
- Spread butter evenly on both sides of bread slices. Cut a circle from center of each slice, using a 2 to 3-inch round cutter.
- Place 2 bread slices in large nonstick skillet with ovenproof handle, then heat to medium. Break and slip an egg into center of each slice. Cook until bottoms of eggs are set, 2 to 3 minutes; gently turn over. Cook until egg whites are completely set and yolks begin to thicken but are not hard. Sprinkle 1 Tbs cheese onto each bread slice. Broil 4 inches from heat just until cheese is melted, about 1 minute. Repeat to cook remaining eggs. Serve with salsa.
Copyright © 2013 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2014.