Mexi Beef Chili Mac
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) Mexican-style diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 3/4 cup uncooked elbow macaroni
- 3/4 cup water
- 2 tsp Spicy Seasoning Mix (see directions)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Brown ground beef with bell pepper, onion and garlic in 3-quart saucepan over medium heat 8 to 10 minutes or until beef is not pink, breaking beef up into 3/4-inch crumbles. Pour off drippings.
- Stir in remaining ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover tightly and simmer 15 minutes. Remove from heat; let stand 5 minutes.
- Spicy Seasoning Mix:Combine 3 tablespoons chili powder, 2 teaspoons ground cumin, 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder, 3/4 teaspoon dried oregano and 1/2 teaspoon ground red pepper. Store in an airtight container. Shake before using. Makes 1/4 cup.
Copyright © 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.