Mediterranean Beef Steak Sandwiches
- Steaks:2 beef ribeye steaks, cut 1 inch thick (about 1-1/2 pounds)
- 1 Tbs olive oil
- 1 Tbs fresh lemon juice
- 4 pita breads, warmed
- 2 Tbs crumbled feta cheese
- 1 Tbs chopped Kalamata or ripe olives
- Seasoning:1- 1/2 tsp dried basil
- 1- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- Combine seasoning ingredients; press onto beef steaks.
- Heat oil in large nonstick skillet over medium heat until hot. Place steaks in skillet; cook 12 to 15 minutes for medium rare to medium doneness, turning occasionally. Sprinkle with lemon juice.
- Carve steaks; place on top of pitas. Sprinkle with cheese and olives.
Copyright © 2013 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2014.