Meatloaf with Mushroom Sauce
- 2 lbs 90% lean ground beef
- 8 oz coarsely chopped fresh white mushrooms
- 1 package (1.4 ounces) dry vegetable soup mix
- 1 cup seasoned dry bread crumbs
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 3/4 cup skim milk
- 2 Tbs cornstarch
- 2 Tbs butter, unsalted
- 8 oz (about 3 cups) fresh white mushrooms, sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 2 lbs chopped onion
- 1 can (14 oz) beef broth
- MeatloavesPreheat oven to 350° F. In a large bowl, combine beef, chopped mushrooms, vegetable soup mix, bread crumbs, 1/2 cup milk and egg until well combined. Form into two loaves, 7x5 inches each.
- Place loaves in a shallow baking pan with rack. Bake for 45 minutes.
- Mushroom SauceIn a small bowl, combine 1/4 cup milk and cornstarch; set aside. In a large skillet, melt butter over high heat. Add sliced mushrooms and onion; cook and stir over moderate heat until mushrooms are golden, about 10 minutes.
- Stir in beef broth and 1/2 cup water; bring to a boil. Stir cornstarch mixture into mushroom mixture in skillet. Cook over high heat, stirring constantly, until slightly thickened, about 1 minute.
Copyright © 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.