Maple Mustard Glazed Pork Roast
- 2-3 lb boneless pork loin roast
- 2/3 cup maple-flavored syrup
- 3 Tbs Dijon-style mustard
- 2 Tbs cider vinegar
- 2 Tbs soy sauce
- salt and pepper
- 1 lb carrots, pared and quartered lengthwise*
- 4-6 medium red potatoes, scrubbed and halved
- *other favorite vegetables can be substituted: brussel sprouts, winter squash wedges, sweet potatoes.
- Stir together maple syrup, mustard, vinegar, soy sauce, salt and pepper. Spread evenly over pork roast and place in a shallow roasting pan, surrounded by carrots and potatoes. Roast in a 350° F oven about 45 minutes to 1 1/4 hours (about 20 minutes per pound) until vegetables are tender and until internal temperature on a thermometer reads 150° F. Remove roast from oven; let rest until temperature reaches 160° F, about 10 minutes. Remove from oven; slice roast to serve with vegetables.
Serving Suggestion: Serve along with a salad.
Note: Leftover roast, thinly sliced, makes great sandwiches for tomorrow's lunches.
Copyright © 2013 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2014.