Mango B-B-Q Lamb Tacos
- 12 lamb hindshanks
- 2 Tbs salt
- 2 Tbs pepper
- 6 Tbs olive oil
- 12 cups fat free chicken broth
- 6 cups barbecue sauce, prepared
- 6 cups mango chutney, prepared
- 3 cups fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 Tbs chili powder
- 2 Tbs onion powder
- garlic powder
- 24 corn tortillas, warmed
- Optional Fillings Shredded lettuce, chopped avocado, mango chutney, chopped tomatoes, Jack and Cheddar Cheese (as desired)
- Pat lamb shanks dry with paper towels. Season lamb shanks with salt and pepper. In a large roasting pan with lid, heat oil over high heat. Add several lamb shanks and brown on each side. Repeat process browning all shanks.
- Place shanks into large pans. Divide chicken broth among pans and cook over high heat, reducing broth by one-half. Combine barbecue sauce, chutney, cilantro, chili powder, onion powder and garlic powder and divide among pans. Cover and simmer for 1-1/2 hours until lamb is tender. Remove shanks from pans and allow to cool. Reserve sauce in pans.
- Remove meat from shanks, discarding fat and tendons. Shred meat. Add some of the reserved sauce to moisten meat and heat.
- Place lamb taco meat in corn tortillas. Serve with shredded lettuce, chopped tomatoes, chopped avocado, mango chutney and shredded cheeses.
Copyright © 2013 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2014.