Mandarin Orange Rice and Shrimp Lettuce Wraps
- 1 11-ounce can mandarin oranges, drained, juice reserved
- 1 tsp vegetable oil
- 2 tsp vegetable oil (for stir fry)
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup jasmine or long grain white rice
- 2 Tbs bottled Thai sweet chili sauce plus additional for topping
- 1 lb medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 12 whole large leaves, bibb or iceberg lettuce
- 1 cup matchstick cut or shredded carrots
- Combine reserved mandarin orange juice with enough water to equal 2 cups liquid. Bring juice mixture, 1 teaspoon oil and salt to boil in medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Stir in rice; cover and reduce heat to simmer. Cook 15 minutes or until liquid is absorbed. Stir mandarin oranges and sweet chili sauce into cooked rice. Meanwhile, heat remaining 2 teaspoons oil in large skillet over medium heat. Add shrimp and saute just until cooked through, about 4-5 minutes. Arrange lettuce leaves on large platter. Spoon rice mixture into center of each lettuce leaf. Top with carrots and shrimp. Drizzle additional sauce on top.
Copyright © 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.