Make-it-Easy Beef Pot Pie
- 1 lb boneless beef top sirloin steak, cut 3/4 inch thick
- 1 Tbs vegetable oil
- 1/2 lb small mushrooms, quartered
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 jar (12 ounces) beef gravy
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen peas and carrots
- 1/4 tsp dried thyme
- 1 small can (4-1/2 ounces) refrigerated buttermilk-flavor biscuits
- Heat oven to 400°F. Cut beef steak lengthwise in half, then crosswise into 1/4-inch thick strips.
- Heat oil in large ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Add 1/2 of beef; stir-fry 1 to 2 minutes or until outside surface of beef is no longer pink. Remove. Repeat with remaining beef.
- Combine mushrooms, onion, 1/4 cup water and garlic in same skillet. Cook and stir 3 minutes or until onion is tender. Stir in gravy, vegetables and thyme; bring to a boil. Remove from heat; stir in beef.
- Cut biscuits in half; arrange in a ring on top of beef mixture. Bake in 400°F oven 12 to 14 minutes or until biscuits are golden brown.
Copyright © 2013 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2014.