Macedonian Lamb and Chickpeas
- 2 1/4 cups cooked chickpeas, drained, rinsed and warmed
- 1 cup olives, whole, pitted
- 1 cup diced, seeded tomatoes (1/2-inch dice)
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 2 Tbs minced serrano peppers
- 1 lb boneless leg of lamb, trimmed of all visible fat, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 Tbs olive oil
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 1 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1 medium eggplant, sliced into 3/4-inch thick discs
- 6 (12-inch) wooden skewers
- Combine chickpeas, olives, tomatoes, lemon juice, parsley and peppers in large mixing bowl. Set aside. Toss lamb with 1 tablespoon olive oil, garlic and 3/4 teaspoon salt. Thread onto skewers and grill over medium-high heat for 7 to 9 minutes until cooked to medium, turning occasionally to brown evenly.
- While lamb is cooking, brush eggplant with remaining oil and season with remaining salt. Grill over medium-high heat for 2 to 4 minutes on each side until tender. Transfer cooked eggplant to a clean cutting board and dice into 1/2-inch pieces. Add to chickpea mixture.
Copyright © 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.