Loin Chops with Lemon Honey Thyme Marinade
- 4 American lamb chops (loin, rib, sirloin or shoulder)
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 Tbs fresh thyme leaves
- 1 Tbs Dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- In a small saucepan, combine honey, lemon juice, olive oil, thyme, mustard, salt and pepper flakes. Over medium heat, bring to a slight simmer; remove from heat immediately. Cool. Set aside 1/4 of the marinade for later use.
- Pierce lamb chops with a fork several times on all sides. Place chops in a plastic food storage bag; coat with marinade. Marinate at least 4 hours or overnight. Remove chops, discarding remaining marinade.
- Cook times will vary depending on thickness of chops. For 1-inch chops, broil or grill chops over medium heat for approximately 4 to 6 minutes per side or until desired doneness. Or, pan-fry chops then transfer to a baking sheet; finish cooking at 400°F until desired doneness. Brush with warmed reserved marinade before serving.
Copyright © 2013 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2014.