Linguine with Spinach and Asiago Cheese
- 12 oz linguine, uncooked
- 1 Tbs olive oil
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 cups spinach leaves, whole, fresh, packed
- 3 Tbs Asiago cheese*, grated (or fresh, grated Parmesan)
- 1/2 tsp black pepper, freshly ground
- In a large pot, heat water to a boil. Cook pasta in rapidly boiling water until done and drain.
- In a large sauté pan, heat oil. Add garlic and cook for one minute. Add spinach and cook just until wilted. Add linguine to spinach, mix together and heat. Mix in Asiago cheese and ground pepper and heat just until cheese begins to melt.
* Allergy notes: The egg protein lysozyme is an unlabeled additive in some cheeses. People allergic to eggs should eliminate any cheese in this recipe.
Copyright © 2013 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2014.