Linguine with Ricotta and Artichokes
- 12 oz linguine, uncooked
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 15 oz canned artichoke hearts, drained
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/3 cup dry white wine
- 1 cup part skim ricotta cheese
- 1/2 tsp salt (sea salt if on a corn-free diet*)
- Pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese* to finish
- Cook linguine in boiling water until done (about 10 minutes). Drain.
- Heat oil in a medium-sized saucepan. Add onion and garlic and sauté for 5 minutes. Slice artichoke hearts in half and add to pan, along with oregano and wine; mix well. Cook over medium heat until just warmed through.
- Remove artichoke mixture from heat and stir in ricotta cheese. Add to drained linguine and toss until well combined. Serve with Parmesan cheese.
* Allergy notes: People following a corn-free diet should avoid iodized salt since it contains dextrose, which should be avoided by those allergic to corn. The egg protein lysozyme is an unlabeled additive in some cheeses. People allergic to eggs should eliminate any cheese in this recipe.
Copyright © 2013 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2014.