Linguine with Eggplant and Olives
- 12 oz linguine, uncooked
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 large eggplant, chopped into 1-inch (2.5cm) cubes
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 1/2 tsp basil
- 1/2 tsp thyme
- 3 medium tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- 1 1/2 cups black olives, whole or sliced
- 3/4 cup Italian parsley, chopped
- Cook linguine in boiling water for 10 minutes or until done. Drain.
- Heat olive oil in a 12-inch (30cm) non-stick skillet and sauté garlic and onions. Add cubed eggplant and fry for about 10 minutes, until eggplant is soft and turns a dark color. Add oregano, basil and thyme and cook for 1 minute more. Add tomatoes and cook for 1–2 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add olives and simmer for 5–10 minutes, until the tomatoes cook down a bit. The sauce should be thick. Transfer pasta into the skillet and toss to soak up all the juices in the skillet.
- Place in a warmed serving bowl and top with parsley. Serve with Parmesan cheese, if desired.
Copyright © 2013 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2014.