Light Pasta Salad with Smoked Albacore
- 3/4 pound smoked Pacific albacore
- 8 ounces dry rotini (corkscrew-shaped pasta, or pasta of choice)
- 1/2 cup julienned sweet red pepper
- 1/2 cup julienned blanched green beans
- 1/3 cup thinly sliced red onion
- Dressing3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 3 tablespoons fresh chopped parsley
- 1-1 1/2 teaspoons grated lime peel
- 1 tablespoon salt-reduced soy sauce
- 1-1 1/2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon dried dill weed or 1-1 1/2 teaspoons minced fresh dill weed
- Break smoked albacore into small bite-size pieces; set aside.
- Cook pasta; drain and rinse with cold water.
- Combine all dressing ingredients; mix well. Toss together pasta, peppers, beans, onions, smoked albacore, and dressing.
- If possible, allow salad to stand for several hours, or overnight, in the refrigerator to allow flavors to meld together. Serve cold.
Nutrition Note: This pasta salad with smoked albacore recipe is loaded with protein and heart-and brain-healthy omega-3 fatty acids.
Copyright © 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.