Lentil and Sausage Soup
- 1 cup lentils, uncooked
- 1/2 lb turkey kielbasa sausage, cut into 1-inch (2.5cm) pieces
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 1 cup carrots, chopped
- 1 cup potato, diced
- 2 Tbs parsley
- 6 cups beef broth, (canned or made with bouillion) (1.5L)
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/8 tsp nutmeg
- Wash and drain lentils. Spray a large pot with vegetable oil spray and brown sausage.
- Add onion and cook until translucent.
- Add remaining ingredients and simmer 1 1/2 to 2 hours, stirring occasionally to prevent sticking.
Note: If using a crockpot, place all raw ingredients in the pot and simmer all day, stirring occasionally.
Copyright © 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.