Lemony Shrimp Skillet
- 3 Tbs olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled, whole
- 1 lb medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 green pepper, cored, deseeded and sliced lengthwise
- 5 stalks bok choy, greens removed and sliced
- 1/2 cup sliced button mushrooms
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- Juice from 2 lemons
- Fresh ground pepper and salt to taste (sea salt if on a corn-free diet*)
- 3 cups rice, cooked
- Heat olive oil in a sauté pan. As oil is heating, smash the garlic cloves with the side of a knife blade. Add smashed cloves to the oil and let cook for a minute. Add shrimp to pan.
- Let the shrimp cook until it’s bright pink. Add the green peppers, bok choy, mushrooms and onions. Stir frequently.
- Turn down the flame, add the lemon juice and liberal amount of ground pepper. Add salt to taste. Serve over cooked rice.
* Allergy notes: People following a corn-free diet should avoid iodized salt since it contains dextrose, which should be avoided by those allergic to corn.
Copyright © 2013 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2014.