Lemon Velvet Chicken Rice Soup
- 4 14-1/2-ounce cans roasted garlic chicken broth, divided
- 2 large lemons
- 3 cups cooked rice, divided
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 6-ounce packages precooked, grilled chicken strips, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1/3 cup chopped chives
- Salt and ground black pepper, to taste
- chives, for garnish
- lemon peel, for garnish
- Heat broth, reserving 1/4 cup, in 3- to 4-quart saucepan over medium heat until it comes to a simmer.
- Meanwhile, zest lemon peel; set aside. Juice lemons; set aside.
- In a food processor or blender, combine 1 1/2 cups cooked rice, heavy cream and remaining 1/4 cup broth; process until smooth. Add rice mixture, remaining cooked rice, lemon juice and chicken strips to broth. Simmer 5 to 8 minutes, or until heated through. Add chopped chives; cook 1 minute. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Garnish with lemon peel and chives, if desired.
Copyright © 2013 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2014.