Lemon Shrimp and Spinach
- 1 lb shrimp, uncooked, peeled and deveined
- 1 lb spinach leaves, fresh
- 2 Tbs olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 medium tomato, chopped coarsely
- 1/2 cup lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 1/2 tsp salt (sea salt if on a corn-free diet*)
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- Rinse shrimp well.
- Wash spinach leaves and chop into 3 inch (8cm) pieces.
- Heat oil in a nontick skillet. Add garlic cloves and sauté for 2 minutes. Add chopped tomato and shrimp and cook for 5 minutes, just until shrimp are pink.
- Pour in lemon juice and lemon zest, and add spinach leaves. Season with salt and pepper and cook, uncovered, over medium heat until spinach leaves are wilted.
- Serve over white or brown rice.
* Allergy notes: People following a corn-free diet should avoid iodized salt since it contains dextrose, which should be avoided by those allergic to corn.
Copyright © 2013 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2014.