Lemon Linguine with Shrimp and Spinach
- 12 oz linguine, uncooked
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 4 scallions, green parts included, chopped
- 1 lb shrimp, uncooked, shells and tails removed
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1 tsp lemon zest, grated
- 1/2 tsp tabasco sauce
- 2 Tbs tomato paste
- 1 lb fresh spinach
- Cook pasta in rapidly boiling water until done. Drain.
- Wash spinach thoroughly and remove stems. Chop into 2-inch (5cm) pieces or, if the leaves are fairly small, leave them whole.
- Heat oil in a 12-inch (30cm) skillet. Add onions and garlic and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add shrimp and scallions. Stir fry for 3 minutes, until the shrimp are pink.
- Add lemon juice, wine, lemon zest, tabasco sauce and tomato paste. Stir to combine all the ingredients. Add spinach leaves.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, for 2–5 minutes more, just until the spinach leaves wilt and a sauce develops from the cooking spinach and the shrimp.
- Transfer pasta into the skillet and toss to combine.
Copyright © 2013 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2014.