Leg of Lamb Wrapped in Leeks
- 1 6-8 lb. bone in leg of lamb
- 10-15 leeks, chop off tops
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup of roasted garlic, chopped
- 1/2 cup kosher salt
- 1/2 cup coarse pepper
- 1/4 cup fresh, chopped oregano
- 1/4 cup fresh, chopped thyme
- 1 cup red wine
- Pre-heat over to 250 degrees.
- Combine the garlic, salt, pepper, oregano, thyme and olive oil and make into a paste using a mortar & pestle. Rub the whole leg of lamb with the paste.
- Blanch the leeks in boiling water for 2-3 minutes. Wrap the leg of lamb in the leek tops, using olive oil to help the leeks adhere to the meat.
- Set the lamb on a baking dish. Add the red wine to the pan and put lamb into oven. Cook until the internal temperature of the meat is 135-140 degrees for medium rare - approximately two and half hours.
- Remove from the oven and let sit for 10 minutes before carving. The internal temperature will rise another 5-10 degrees. Shave the lamb and serve.
Copyright © 2013 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2014.