Layered Rice Pesto and Pepper Bake
- 3 cups cooked rice
- 1 ¾ cups shredded Parmesan cheese, divided
- Salt and ground pepper to taste
- Nonstick vegetable spray
- ½ cup prepared basil pesto sauce; divided
- 4 oz crumbled goat cheese, divided
- 10 oz roasted red peppers, drained, patted dry and chopped
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Combine rice, 1-1/2 cups Parmesan cheese, salt and pepper in a medium bowl.
- Spray a 7-inch diameter souffle ½ dish or springform pan with nonstick vegetable spray. Place 1/2 of rice mixture in bottom of prepared dish; pat down well. Spread 1/2 of pesto evenly over rice and sprinkle with 1/2 of goat cheese. Layer 1/2 of red peppers over goat cheese. Repeat above layers. Sprinkle remaining 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese over top. Bake 12 to 15 minutes in preheated oven. Cut into wedges to serve.
Copyright © 2013 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2014.