- 2 cups carrots, shredded
- 2 cups yellow squash, shredded
- 2 cups zucchini, shredded
- 2 cups plain yogurt cheese (made from 1 quart lowfat yogurt)
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp basil
- 1/2 tsp thyme
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese shredded
- 12 lasagna noodles, cooked
- 32 oz jar roasted garlic and peppers pasta sauce
- Using a yogurt cheese maker or layered cheese cloth, strain the whey from 1 quart of yogurt overnight and set aside the yogurt cheese remaining in the cheese cloth. Preheat oven to 375°F. Using a large mixing bowl, fold the vegetables, 1 cup mozzarella cheese, herbs, salt, pepper and eggs into the yogurt cheese. In a 9"x13" pan place a couple of tablespoons of sauce on bottom, spreading evenly.
- Place a layer of noodles in the pan, top with half of the vegetable filling, then half of the sauce. Repeat for the second layer. Finish with the remaining noodles and cheese. Bake covered with foil for 1 hour. Remove foil for the last 10 minutes for cheese to brown.
- Serve warm.
Copyright © 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.