Lamb Steak with Mint Chutney
- 1 pound American Lamb sirloin or leg steak, 1-inch thick
- 1 teaspoon lemon pepper
- Mint Chutney1/2 cup golden raisins
- 1/3 cup white wine vinegar
- 1/3 cup mint jelly
- 1/4 cup finely chopped crystalized ginger
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- Cut lamb into 4 portions. Sprinkle lightly with lemon pepper.
- To BroilCook lamb 4 inches from heat source for 7 to 10 minutes on each side or to desired degree of doneness: 145° F for medium-rare, 160° F for medium, or 170° F for well. Cover and let stand for 10 minutes. Internal temperature will rise approximately 10 degrees
- To GrillCook lamb over medium-hot coals. Grill 4 inches over coals for 7 to 10 minutes on each side or to desired degree of doneness: 145° F for medium-rare, 160° F for medium, or 170° F for well. Cover and let stand for 10 minutes. Internal temperature will rise approximately 10 degrees. Serve with Mint Chutney.
- Mint ChutneyIn a small saucepan, combine all ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 6 minutes. Pour into bowl. Cover and chill 2 to 4 hours.
Defrosting Lamb: Thaw frozen lamb in the refrigerator overnight or for faster thawing, use a microwave oven, following the manufacturer's directions. Do not thaw frozen lamb at room temperature.
Copyright © 2013 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2014.