Lamb Sirloin with Stockyards-style Garlic Mint Marinade
- 4 10 oz lamb sirloin steaks
- Marinade for Lamb1/2 cup chopped garlic
- 2 cups olive oil
- 2 cups mint (fresh)
- 1 lime zest and juice
- Garlic Mint Vinaigrette1 cup garlic cloves
- 1 cup olive oil (blend)
- 2 cups mint leaves
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh thyme
- 1 Tbs stone ground mustard
- 1 Tbs rice wine vinegar
- 4 each lime zest and juice
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- In a medium mixing bowl, blend garlic, olive oil, mint, and lime zest and juice to make marinade. Add lamb sirloin steaks to marinade in a glass baking pan for at least one hour, covered (ideally overnight).
- Preheat grill.
- Meanwhile, remove lamb from marinade. Lightly score the lamb sirloins, approximately 4 cuts per side.
- Place the lamb steaks on the grill over low heat. Cook over low heat for approximately 4 minutes. Flip and cook for additional 4 minutes.
- For Garlic Mint VinaigretteSlowly roast garlic in olive oil over medium heat in a heavy bottom sauce pan. Let the oil cool with garlic in it.
- Combine all ingredients, except mint, in blender and mix until chunky. Add mint and blend for about 2-3 seconds.
- Drizzle grilled lamb sirloin steaks with vinaigrette to taste.
Copyright © 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.