- 4 braised lamb shanks meat picked
- 1 Tbs cumin powder
- 1 Tbs coriander powder
- 1 Tbs curry powder
- 2 tsp paprika
- 2 tsp ginger powder
- 2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp cayenne powder
- 1 tsp cimmamon powder
- 1/4 cups golden raisins
- 2 Tbs honey
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 6 scallions
- 3 1/2 Tbs shallots
- 1 tsp cointreau
- 2 sheets phyllo pastry dough
- 1/4 lb butter
- Simmer the raisins in the chicken broth till the raisins bloom.
- In a heavy bottomed pan sauté shallots and add in all powder spices. Cook until the smell the powder's dissipates. Deglaze with Cointreau.
- Add shredded lamb meat in to the pan, along with the raisins and chicken broth. Once chicken broth has been absorbed by the meat add chopped scallions and check for seasoning. Remove from flame transfer the contents into a sheet pan and cool.
- Roll the mixture in plastic wrap into 1-1/2 cm diameter thickness and freeze. Place phyllo sheets on a cutting board, cover with a damp cloth.
- Melt butter, brush hot butter on each phyllo sheet. Remove the lamb rolls from plastic wrap and roll them with the phyllo sheets. Cut into desired size and bake in preheated 350°F oven for 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown.
Copyright © 2013 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2014.