Lamb Ravioli with Hazelnut & Mascarpone
- Ravioli Filling1 pound ground lamb, lean
- 1/4 cup mascarpone
- 1/4 cup parmigiano reggiano cheese
- 2/3 cup hazelnuts, skinned and roughly chopped
- 2 Tbsp fresh basil, chopped
- 1 1/2 Tbsp shallots, chopped
- 1 Tbsp garlic, chopped
- 2 eggs, separated
- semonlina pasta sheets, as needed to make 24 ravioli
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- Apple Cider-Ginger Reduction2 cups apple cider
- 1 Tbsp fresh ginger root, chopped
- pinch salt
- RavioliIn a food processor, combine lamb, cheeses, hazelnuts, basil, shallots, garlic, egg yolks, salt and pepper. Blend until a doughy consistency is reached.
- Portion out 24 balls. Cut pasta into 48 portions. Brush egg white onto edges of each pasta sheet, place lamb mixture in center, cover with a second pasta sheet, and crimp with fork to create ravioli shape.
- Bring a 6-quart pot filled with 4 quarts of water to a boil. Add 2 teaspoons salt. Reduce to a gentle boil and add ravioli in batches. Cook 2 to 3 minutes. Remove and keep warm. Finish with a drizzle of Apple Cider-Ginger Reduction.
- Apple Cider-Ginger Reduction In a saucepan, combine cider, ginger and salt. Simmer over low heat. Reduce sauce to a syrup consistency.
Copyright © 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.