- 1 pound ground boneless leg of lamb
- 3 cups yellow onion, chopped
- 2 oz spice mix
- 2 cans diced tomatoes with chilies, undrained (10 oz each)
- 2 oz tomato paste
- 1 12-oz. bottle beer
- 2 cups diced sausage
- water, as needed
- Spice Mix2 Tbs freshly ground cumin
- 1 Tbs freshly ground oregano leaves
- 1 Tbs dehydrated garlic
- 2 tsp kosher salt or more to taste
- 1 Tbs Ancho chili powder
- 2 tsp chili powder
- In a large rondeau pan, cook ground leg of lamb over medium-high heat until browned. Drain fat and set meat aside.
- In same rondeau, sauté onions over medium-high heat until translucent. Add spice mix and stir, continuing to sauté for 2 minutes. Add canned tomatoes and tomato paste and stir. Pour in beer and reduce heat to a simmer.
- Add ground lamb and sausage and continue to simmer for 45 minutes to an hour.
- If chili is too thick, water or chicken stock may be added. Add slowly and continuously until proper consistency is achieved.
Copyright © 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.