Lamb and White Bean Stew
- 1 lb lamb stew meat, uncooked
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 tsp rosemary
- 3 cups cannned white beans, drained (two 15-ounce cans)
- 2 cups canned tomatoes, (one 15-ounce can)
- 1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1 Tbs balsamic vinegar
- Heat oil in a large dutch oven. Add lamb and brown over medium heat. Add onions, garlic, green pepper, and rosemary and cook, stirring, for 5 minutes.
- Add beans, canned tomatoes and water and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, cover, and simmer for 1 hour.
- Add pepper and vinegar and cook for 5 more minutes.
Copyright © 2013 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2014.