King Crab Thai Curry with Coconut Jasmine Rice
- 1 8 oz. container king crab meat, segment into desired sized pieces
- 1 Tbsp. pure sesame oil
- 1 tsp. minced garlic
- 3 oz. thinly sliced button mushrooms (about 1 c. sliced)
- 3 oz. fresh or jarred roasted red pepper, sliced into thin strips
- 1 tsp. freshly grated ginger or up to 2 tsp. jarred sliced ginger
- 1/2 tsp. green curry paste (more or less to taste)
- 2 tsp. light brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp. soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp, "chiffonade" or thinly stripped Thai basil (can substitute Italian basil)
- reserved coconut milk (about 1 c.)
- Coconut Jasmine Rice1/2 cup regular or "Lite" Coconut Milk (1 - 13.5 oz. can, reserve the rest)
- 1 1/2 cup chicken stock or broth
- 1 cup Jasmine rice
- Jasmine RiceHeat liquids together in 1 qt. saucepot to boil. Stir in rice, reduce heat to simmer and cook, covered, 20 minutes or until all liquid is absorbed and rice is al dente.
- CurryHeat oil in saute pan over medium heat. Saute garlic and mushrooms until mushrooms release their juices, then they are reabsorbed.
- Stir in all remaining ingredients and simmer 5-10 minutes or until rice is done. Do not boil. Serve: Ladle curried crab over Coconut Jasmine Rice
Copyright © 2013 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2014.